Eliminating Threats, Spearheading Reform
CIEL’s Chemicals Program works at both the national and international level to achieve a toxics-free future. Exposed through food, water, and products–at work and at home–hazardous chemicals are taking a tremendous toll on human health and the environment. CIEL negotiates new international treaties; changes public policy and private practices; advocates for precaution and increased attention on new forms of chemicals; and, along the way, builds strong and diverse coalitions.
Learn more about CIEL’s Chemicals team’s current work
Latest Chemical Program News
- CIEL Statement before the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance, hearing on the "Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership: Achieving the Potential"
- CIEL statement on the signing of the mercury treaty
- Fracking Dispute Under NAFTA Highlights Potential Pitfalls of EU-U.S. Trade Agreement
- Latin American and Caribbean countries call for action regarding hormone disruption and pesticides
- CIEL to Testify Before US House Committee on Energy & Commerce on Health and Environmental Risks of US-EU Free Trade Agreement
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Chemicals at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Chemicals category.