Eliminating Threats, Spearheading Reform
CIEL’s Chemicals Program works at both the national and international level to achieve a toxics-free future. Exposed through food, water, and products–at work and at home–hazardous chemicals are taking a tremendous toll on human health and the environment. CIEL negotiates new international treaties; changes public policy and private practices; advocates for precaution and increased attention on new forms of chemicals; and, along the way, builds strong and diverse coalitions.
Learn more about CIEL’s Chemicals team’s current work
Latest Chemical Program News
- CIEL and civil society organizations call for healthy debate on the independence and transparency of official scientific policy advice in the EU
- TTIP crosses the line on toxic chemicals for 111 NGOs
- Statement on Appointment of Baskut Tuncak as UN Special Rapporteur on the implications for human rights of the environmentally sound management and disposal of hazardous substances and wastes
- Economic benefits of tighter controls for endocrine disruptors outweigh hypothetical trade effects
- Proposed Plans for US/EU Trade Deal Would Weaken Health, Consumer, Worker, Environmental Protections
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Chemicals at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Chemicals category.