Eliminating Threats, Spearheading Reform
CIEL’s Chemicals Program works at both the national and international level to achieve a toxics-free future. Exposed through food, water, and products–at work and at home–hazardous chemicals are taking a tremendous toll on human health and the environment. CIEL negotiates new international treaties; changes public policy and private practices; advocates for precaution and increased attention on new forms of chemicals; and, along the way, builds strong and diverse coalitions.
Learn more about CIEL’s Chemicals team’s current work
Latest Chemical Program News
- Lowest Common Denominator: EU-US trade deal threatens to lower standards of protection from toxic pesticides
- CIEL statement on release of TTIP chemicals documents by European Commission
- Leaked TTIP draft for chemicals sector reveals a toxic partnership
- Rights violated and environment damaged by aerial fumigations, argues amicus
- CIEL and civil society organizations call for healthy debate on the independence and transparency of official scientific policy advice in the EU
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Chemicals at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Chemicals category.