Eliminating Threats, Spearheading Reform
CIEL’s Chemicals Program works at both the national and international level to achieve a toxics-free future. Exposed through food, water, and products–at work and at home–hazardous chemicals are taking a tremendous toll on human health and the environment. CIEL negotiates new international treaties; changes public policy and private practices; advocates for precaution and increased attention on new forms of chemicals; and, along the way, builds strong and diverse coalitions.
Learn more about CIEL’s Chemicals team’s current work
Latest Chemical Program News
- CIEL & partners publish recommendations for the safer development of nanotechnology for the EU’s REACH regulation implementation.
- Asia-Pacific nano booklet launched at regional Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management meeting
- Chemical industry secretly manipulating US-EU trade negotiations (TTIP)
- Tell TTIP negotiators: Don't undermine progress on toxic chemicals!
- ECOS and CIEL launch a three-year project for the safe development of nanomaterials in Europe
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Chemicals at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Chemicals category.