Eliminating Threats, Spearheading Reform
CIEL’s Chemicals Program works at both the national and international level to achieve a toxics-free future. Exposed through food, water, and products–at work and at home–hazardous chemicals are taking a tremendous toll on human health and the environment. CIEL negotiates new international treaties; changes public policy and private practices; advocates for precaution and increased attention on new forms of chemicals; and, along the way, builds strong and diverse coalitions.
Learn more about CIEL’s Chemicals team’s current work
Latest Chemical Program News
- U.S. unable to follow suit as global community agrees to eliminate toxic chemical
- Environmental, labor, and health advocates urge EU Commission to confront dangers of endocrine disrupting chemicals
- Scientists urge UN to take action on chemicals in consumer products and pesticides
- CIEL Supports Introduction of the 2013 Safe Chemicals Act
- Civil society organizations urge President Obama for a timeout on natural gas exports until critical national economic, environmental and trade concerns are thoroughly analyzed and carefully addressed
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Chemicals at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Chemicals category.