Climate Change Program
For more information about CIEL's Climate Change Program, contact Niranjali Amerasinghe.
Safeguarding forests and sustainable livelihoods
Deforestation damages ecosystems, communities, and the Earth's climate. CIEL helps design policies and actions to reduce deforestation in a manner that follows a rights-based approach and respects international law. Supporting the sustainable livelihoods of forest-dependent peoples and ensuring their continued access to resources helps reduce deforestation, protect biodiverstiy, and stabilize the climate.
Learn more about protecting the world's forests
Latest Climate Change News
- Indian communities suffering from destructive coal plant sue the International Finance Corporation in U.S. Courts
- CIELís Reaction to the US Climate Commitment
- Climate change: tackling the greatest human rights challenge of our time
- Extraterritorial Obligations in the Context of Eco-destruction and Climate Change (También disponible en español)
- Rights of Present and Future Generations at Risk After Lima
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Climate Change at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Climate Change category.