Climate Change Program
For more information about CIEL's Climate Change Program, contact Niranjali Amerasinghe.
Safeguarding forests and sustainable livelihoods
Deforestation damages ecosystems, communities, and the Earth's climate. CIEL helps design policies and actions to reduce deforestation in a manner that follows a rights-based approach and respects international law. Supporting the sustainable livelihoods of forest-dependent peoples and ensuring their continued access to resources helps reduce deforestation, protect biodiverstiy, and stabilize the climate.
Learn more about protecting the world's forests
Latest Climate Change News
- Extraterritorial Obligations in the Context of Eco-destruction and Climate Change (También disponible en español)
- Rights of Present and Future Generations at Risk After Lima
- Hundreds of civil society groups demand human rights are enshrined in 2015 climate agreement
- Media Advisory: Human rights and climate change - The missing link for an effective climate deal
- CIEL to Attend Climate Conference in Lima
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Climate Change at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Climate Change category.