Human Rights & Environment Program
For more information about CIEL's Human Rights & Environment Program, contact Marcos Orellana.
CIEL participates in launch of regional negotiations regarding an instrument on access rights
In November 2012, at the headquarters of the UN Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean in Santiago de Chile, CIEL joined in the adoption of a Road Map for the elaboration of a regional instrument on access rights. Access rights embody the procedural dimensions of the right to a healthy environment, and they include access to information, participation and access to justice. Learn more.
Latest Human Rights & Environment Program News
- UN registered Barro Blanco Hydroelectric Dam temporarily suspended over non-compliance with Environmental Impact Assessment
- Extraterritorial Obligations in the Context of Eco-destruction and Climate Change (También disponible en español)
- Rights violated and environment damaged by aerial fumigations, argues amicus
- Resistance to Pacific Rim Mining Company
- Side-event during the Human Rights Council launches Human Rights and Environment Compendium
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say about Human Rights and the Environment at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Human Rights category.