Human Rights & Environment Program
For more information about CIEL's Human Rights & Environment Program, contact Marcos Orellana.
CIEL participates in launch of regional negotiations regarding an instrument on access rights
In November 2012, at the headquarters of the UN Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean in Santiago de Chile, CIEL joined in the adoption of a Road Map for the elaboration of a regional instrument on access rights. Access rights embody the procedural dimensions of the right to a healthy environment, and they include access to information, participation and access to justice. Learn more.
Latest Human Rights & Environment Program News
- Groups Appeal to UN to Halt Imminent Forced Evictions of Indigenous Ngöbe Community
- The Guide for Potential Amici in International Investment Arbitrations
- CIEL to speak at event jointly organized by UN Environment Program and the UN Office for the High Commissioner for Human Rights, December 12, 2013
- Book Launch: Realizing the Right to Development, at the United Nations Headquarters on December 9, 2013
- Groups Support Challenge to Dam Project in Panama for Violating Indigenous Rights
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say about Human Rights and the Environment at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Human Rights category.