Human Rights & Environment Program
For more information about CIEL's Human Rights & Environment Program, contact Marcos Orellana.
CIEL participates in launch of regional negotiations regarding an instrument on access rights
In November 2012, at the headquarters of the UN Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean in Santiago de Chile, CIEL joined in the adoption of a Road Map for the elaboration of a regional instrument on access rights. Access rights embody the procedural dimensions of the right to a healthy environment, and they include access to information, participation and access to justice. Learn more.
Latest Human Rights & Environment Program News
- Book Launch: Realizing the Right to Development, at the United Nations Headquarters on December 9, 2013
- Groups Support Challenge to Dam Project in Panama for Violating Indigenous Rights
- Update from Vienna +20 Human Rights Conference
- New CIEL blog post asks #Whatwillittake for the World Bank to uphold human rights?
- Urgent Action: Call for investigation and company departure in response to recurring violence in area of Canadian-owned silver project
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Read what CIEL staff have to say about Human Rights and the Environment at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Human Rights category.