International Financial Institutions Program
For more information about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program, contact Jocelyn Medallo.
Keeping Development Finance Accountable
The International Financial Institutions (IFIs) Program works to ensure that human rights are respected and the environment protected in the context of development finance. By promoting the principle of local participation in decision making, seeking stronger social, environmental and disclosure standards, and facilitating development and use of mechanisms to hold financial institutions accountable for their activities, CIEL seeks to promote a more sustainable and community-centered paradigm of development. Learn more about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program
Latest International Financial Institutions Program News
- Civil society expresses concern about the trend by World Bank Group Management to refute, deny or otherwise fail to act on critical findings of its accountability mechanisms
- CIEL and partner organizations are searching for a consultant to help build a global coalition and devise a campaign strategy on Human Rights & Development Finance Institutions
- Lawsuit Challenges Federal Financing of Coal Exports from East Coast Ports
- The World Bank's new energy strategy is both a valuable step and a missed opportunity towards alleviating poverty, tackling climate change, and investing in truly sustainable development
- Civil Society and Entrepreneurs Call on World Bank to Clean Up Energy Lending
CIEL Worldview Blog:
International Financial Institutions
Read what CIEL staff have to say at our CIEL Worldview Blog - International Financial Institutions category.