International Financial Institutions Program
For more information about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program, contact Jocelyn Medallo.
Keeping Development Finance Accountable
The International Financial Institutions (IFIs) Program works to ensure that human rights are respected and the environment protected in the context of development finance. By promoting the principle of local participation in decision making, seeking stronger social, environmental and disclosure standards, and facilitating development and use of mechanisms to hold financial institutions accountable for their activities, CIEL seeks to promote a more sustainable and community-centered paradigm of development. Learn more about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program
Latest International Financial Institutions Program News
- Civil Society calls on the World Bank to address human rights violations associated with World Bank funded development projects
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development: Draft Environment and Social Policy Retreats on Human Rights
- Young Filipinos file Supreme Court Petition against Government. Their Demand: Divide the Roads in Half.
- The Guide for Potential Amici in International Investment Arbitrations
- World Bank forced to admit failings on controversial human rights scandal
CIEL Worldview Blog:
International Financial Institutions
Read what CIEL staff have to say at our CIEL Worldview Blog - International Financial Institutions category.