International Financial Institutions Program
For more information about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program, contact Jocelyn Medallo.
Keeping Development Finance Accountable
The International Financial Institutions (IFIs) Program works to ensure that human rights are respected and the environment protected in the context of development finance. By promoting the principle of local participation in decision making, seeking stronger social, environmental and disclosure standards, and facilitating development and use of mechanisms to hold financial institutions accountable for their activities, CIEL seeks to promote a more sustainable and community-centered paradigm of development. Learn more about CIEL's International Financial Institutions Program
Latest International Financial Institutions Program News
- IFC Boosts Investment in Contested Canadian Mining Project in Colombia Despite Ongoing Investigation
- Indian communities suffering from destructive coal plant sue the International Finance Corporation in U.S. Courts
- Tell the World Bank not to Risk Human Rights and Human Lives - Real Development Requires Strong Safeguards!
- International Coalition Warns: World Bank Driving Hazardous Development
- 10,000 People from 90 Countries Demand World Bank Respect Human Rights
CIEL Worldview Blog:
International Financial Institutions
Read what CIEL staff have to say at our CIEL Worldview Blog - International Financial Institutions category.