Law & Communities Program
For more information about CIEL's Law and Communities Program, contact Melissa Blue Sky.
Defending Communities' Rights
CIEL’s Law and Communities (L&C) Program assists communities in defending their rights to land and natural resources. Working with partners around the world, CIEL provides direct support to communities by helping them access regional and international mechanisms to defend themselves. CIEL also advocates for international laws and policies that recognize community-based property rights, with a special focus on the right to free, prior, and informed consent (FPIC).
Learn more about the Law & Communities Program
Latest Law & Communities Program News
- UN registered Barro Blanco Hydroelectric Dam temporarily suspended over non-compliance with Environmental Impact Assessment
- Groups Appeal to UN to Halt Imminent Forced Evictions of Indigenous Ngöbe Community
- Young Filipinos file Supreme Court Petition against Government. Their Demand: Divide the Roads in Half.
- As Epidemic Sweeps Nicaragua, Government Denies Construction of Life-Saving Clinic
- The Guide for Potential Amici in International Investment Arbitrations
CIEL Worldview Blog:
Law & Communities
Read what CIEL staff have to say on Law & Community topics at our CIEL Worldview Blog - Law & Communities category.